Saturday, February 26, 2011

This was how we started...

It wasn't really love-at-first sight
I just thought, "Yeah, you're kinda nice.."
Then one day we were stuck with each other
And guess what, we decided to have dinner!
Nope, it wasn't even a date at all
We just had to eat since it was almost nightfall
I insisted on paying the bill
You did not argue but made a deal
You said you'd let me pay this time
But, "Next time would be mine."
Weeks later you brought it up
I had no other plans so I said, "Why not?"
I don't really remember much of the dinner
I had a great time and you dropped me home after
I guess that was when it all started
Because since then we rarely parted
I never even imagined a parting would come
I thought good things do end but only to some
Only to realize I was wrong when it did happen
But... that's another poem I have yet to pen  ;)

No comments: