Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hello 2011!

It's almost a month late but... what the heck?!  Hello 2011!  :)

I've been meaning to write an entry after my trip to Syria but blame it on procrastination... well, ok blame it all on me for procrastinating, I didn't get anything done.  Hehehe.  Now I'm not so sure if I'm gonna write at all about that trip, it seems so far behind already... and now it's a brand new year and there's a lot to look forward to!  :)

In one of our Dgroup sessions, we had to look back at the past year (2010) and share what was most memorable about it and what we have learned.  As I tried to recall what the year has brought me and what I went through, I found it funny that they aren't as vivid now.  All the strong feelings I felt then aren't as strong now.  I could only smile because I know, I have moved on.

2010 is my year of healing and letting go.  Healing from all the hurts and the pain that 2009 has brought me.  Letting go of everything that caused the hurt and the pain.  I do not really know when exactly it happened but one day I just realized, "Wow, I'm OK now!"  It was like all the regrets, longing, sadness and heartaches were finally lifted from me.  I held no anger or resentment.  I don't regret the things I did anymore and I don't expect for things to be.  I felt lighter and happier and good!  It took a long while but it was all worth it to finally be where I am now.

So, what did I learn?  I learned that life goes on.  That we'll all run into bumps and blocks along the road but life goes on.  That we will fall but we can always get back up.  That we will be stuck but we will always find a way.  That we'd wish we're dead but there's still more to life.  That we will feel alone and helpless but the truth is we are never alone.

And there's more to it... life goes on because I never lost faith in God.  He is the first one I ran to when I realized what hit me.  I talked to Him, I cried to Him, I told Him everything.  I prayed and asked for strength, wisdom, healing and acceptance of where He will lead me because only He knows what's best for me.

I am thankful for 2010... for being the year of my healing, the year of my freedom and the year when my personal relationship with God was strengthened.  I want to leave all that has happened behind, keeping only the good memories and lessons learned.  I want 2011 to be a better year, by starting it off with a clean slate, no extra baggage, no emotional baggage.  I want to face the new year, excited for all the great things to come and this time with God very close to my heart.

Thank you and goodbye 2010!  Hello 2011!  :)

No comments: